Friday, July 22, 2011

Outland-ish!


A small landscape sculpture "Miners Flat" was included by surprise into the recent show at the Bedford Gallery.
Outlandish is a fun show and I'm excited that Carrie asked me to be apart of it.
Miners Flat is a small wall mount that is somewhat a surreal depiction of a favorite place i like to hike to and fly fish.
The place has lots of solitude and really allows me to forget where i'm at and be in the moment.
Its a place that my friend Aram and I seem to always discuss when ever we talk, wether its on the phone or drinking coffee.
A place that demands physical rigor to reach but a zen mindset to achieve. A place where everyone is welcome but no one can fully understand or grasp. Each visit its true nature eludes, and only sometimes reveals a glimmer of hidden truths for the observant. A river elusive.
Outlandish @ Bedford Gallery